Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

El Gaucho - Tacoma, WA


I finally found a restaurant that I am looking forward to visit again in the future. Let me start off by saying this is not a restaurant that I can afford to go to very often. You will typically spend around $100.00 to $200.00 per person, depending on your tastes and your wallet. But it is well worth it.
The only negative I have to say was I was surprised that they did not have the Seven, when I ordered a Seven and Seven. I had to settle for a Crown and Seven.
The parking is easy using the valet parking with an entrance right off of Pacific. If you arrive early, you can settle in at the bar until they call you for your reservation. The atmosphere is dark and cozy. It takes a while for your eyes to adjust.
We settled into our elegant table for four and were immediately pampered by the wait staff. The menu is a la carte.  We decided to order the Table-side Caesar salad, $12.00, the Steak El Gaucho, $56.00 and the Full Gaucho Baked Potato, $7.00. The Caesar Salad dressing was prepared fresh right at our table and was one of the best tasting salads I have ever had. The service continued to be spectacular. We would take one drink out of the water glass and they refilled it. The steaks arrived exactly as we ordered them. It must be the 28 day aging process that made it the best steak I have ever had.
The bake potato was huge and the wife and I shared. They prepared the potato with all the fixings right at the table. The waitress used two forks to mix the potato and toppings. 
By the time we were done, we were both too full for desert.
Overall I would have to give the experience 10 out of 10. I never thought I would say that. I can’t wait for the next big occasion to go back. Hmm…. Maybe our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment