Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012 - Joe’s Deli – Fine Food & Restaurant


I met the wife for lunch again today and we decided to try out the new deli down the street from her office, Joe’s Deli. The restaurant is located off south 336th street and 12th. They are open Monday thru Saturday for breakfast or lunch and they serve smoothies and espresso.
We walked into a virtually empty restaurant. Very clean, nicely laid out and nicely decorated. We were greeted by a young lady ready to take our order. The special of the day was their gourmet cheese burger with fries and a small soft drink for $7.95. They also had chicken tortilla soup and clam chowder at $2.50 per cup or $3.50 per bowl. We decided to both order the cheese burger and my wife had the clam chowder, while I had the tortilla soup. Total for our order was a little over $25.00.
Our soups were first to arrive. The tortilla soup was good and a little spicy. I could have used more tortilla chips. I would give it a 7. The wife said the chowder was good and gave it the same rating. Next they brought  the cheese burgers and fries, served with a small container of ketchup. I thought my burger was good, but the wife’s was a little to pink for her liking, so we switched burgers. I would rate the burgers a 7 only because one was not cooked all the way through.

I rated the cleanliness at a 9. Service was also good at a 9. Food was a 7.  Overall I would rate at a 7.5. I think it has potential and we need to go back and try some of their hot or cold deli sandwiches or their large selection of salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment