Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 22, 2012 Applebee's - Bonney Lake, WA

We usually have pretty good luck when we decide to go to Applebee's for dinner. They have a good selection of items on their menu and the pricing is reasonable. We decided to sit at the bar rather than wait for a table to open up. The bartender was friendly and provided great service. They changed up their 2 for $20 menu and added a 2 for $24, which includes 2 entree's and an appetizer.

We both decided on the 9 oz. steak with baked potato and Queso Blanco, spicy white cheese and tortilla chips, as an appetizer. The appetizer arrived in a timely manner and was very good. I would give it a 9 for price, taste, quality and presentation.

The steaks were next to arrive. They brought my plate with garlic mash potato's instead of a bake potato, but the server remedied that very quickly by bring me a baked potato. I asked for my steak to be medium and the wife asked for well done as usual. My steak appeared OK, but the wife's was a little pink in the middle, but she accepted it anyway.

The steaks at Applebee's have a very nice taste to them. A little salty, but not sure what other spices they use to marinate them. For the first time I thought my steak was a little tough in spots. Normally they are very tender. The wife said her baked potato was not quite cooked enough for her tastes.

Overall I would give service a 9, food an 7, cleanliness a 9 and price a 9 for an overall rating of 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment