Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Saturday September 1, 2012 - Los Pinos, Orting, WA

It was late. We were hungry and there are not many choices for a good meal in Orting. The mother in law wanted pizza and my wife had a hankering for Mexican. So Mexican it was. Last time we went to Los Pinos we did not have the best eating experience. The food was not great and the portion size keeps getting smaller as the price keeps rising.. I even sent an e-mail through their web site, but the owner did not seem to care. She responded that everyone else likes her food and portion sizes. Well it has been a couple of years, so I thought why not.

It was about 7:30 pm and the restaurant was fairly quiet. I have to admit the place looks nice since they did some remodeling. New floors, new booths and tables, new windows and paint. Just our luck. The owner was going to be our waitress and I thought well now, we will be sure to get good service.

We had not been seated for more than a few minutes when she showed up ready to take our order. We asked her for a little more time as we pondered the menu. The wife and I finally decided to split an order of Fajita's and Frankie decide on the  chicken carnitas. All was good as we ate chips and salsa. Although Frankie thought the salsa was too spicy. I thought it was just right.

Well I'm not sure if the owner was teaching us a lesson for asking for more time to place our order, but it took forever to get our meal. I was surprised as normally, in the past, they have been very fast. When the meal arrived, all was good. The steak, onion and pepper mix was tasty and tender and we receive plenty of tortillas. The only complaint's were we only received a about one tablespoons of guacamole, a pinch of shredded cheese and I like re-fried beans, so I thought there could have been more.

When we were done, the owner was slow to bring us our check and we ended up having to go up to the register to sign the credit card receipt and get our credit card back. The owner was busy talking on the phone, while two of her employe's were just standing around at the front desk.

Over all I would give the quality of food an 8, portion size a 5, cleanliness a 9, price a 5 and service a 6. For an overall rating of 7. It wouldn't take much to make this restaurant a top notch place to stop for a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment