Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kapowsin Ale House September 19, 2012

The wife was gone visiting her sister and nieces for a few hours, so I thought "why not", good time for a cruise and a bite. I left the house and headed up Orville road towards Lake Kapowsin. I have driven by it a thousand times, but never stopped at the Kapowsin Tavern or as they call it the Kapowsin Ale House.

I pull into the gravel parking lot and parked the bike. There were quite a few cars in the parking lot and lots of noise coming from the door. I walked in to find some of the locals playing pool (and they were drunk as a skunk) and found myself a seat at the bar. A nice young lady, I think her name was Jackie, asked me what I wanted to drink and if I wanted a menu. I said Coors Lite and "Yes Please" for the menu. The menu had lot's of choices from Pizza to burgers, sandwiches to chicken.

Then I saw it a 4 piece Fried Chicken and Fries. I have yet to find a good local place for fried chicken. I asked the bartender if it was any good and she said it was one of their best on the menu, so I ordered fried chicken and fries.

It was rather noisy with the locals and most of the booths were occupied with customers. Looked like the have an additional room for events and a patio area, which also had quite a few people seated. There was only one bartender and one cook (who did not look too good), but service was great. The locals were getting even louder, but my food arrived and I forgot all about them. The bartender was right the chicken and fries was great. Hot, crispy, decent size pieces and plenty of fries.

I would give the food a 9, service a 9, cleanliness a 7, atmosphere a 5, and the locals a 10 (if you like drunk loud people). Overall it was a 8.5 and I would definitely go back, just for the chicken.

I finished the ride via the Orting/Kapowsin Highway, back through Orting and back to the barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment