Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday April 7, 2013 - The Whitehouse - Bonney Lake, WA

The wife's sister told us about a new restaurant that just opened up in the old Mazatlan building in Bonney Lake. She said the food was great.

We arrived to find only a couple of cars in the parking lot. The atmosphere left a little to be desired. It was painted in earth tones. The waitress was friendly and the menu looked appealing. I decided as usual to give the chicken fried steak and eggs a try and the wife ordered biscuits and gravy.

I am not sure why, but it took quite a while to get our food even though there were only two other occupied tables. As we waited more customers arrived. When our food arrived, right off the bat I was disappointed as I could tell the food was not hot. My Chicken Fried Steak, Eggs and Hash Browns were warm to the touch.

The biscuits that came with my wife's order looked like the kind that you make from Bisquick and drop them by the globs on to the grill. They were overly dry. She also received poached eggs. We were not sure why as she was not asked how she would like her eggs. Maybe that is what biscuits and gravy came with, but my wife does not like  poached eggs.

I finished my breakfast, but the wife hardly ate a thing. We even ordered some sausage patties for the dogs and I think they got the best of the 3 meals.

Here are the ratings

Atmosphere - 5, very Blah
Service - 5, took way to long to get the food based on how busy the restaurant was
Food - 4, arrived cold, had the worst biscuits we have ever tasted
Cleanliness - 8, only open a week
Price - 7, not bad if the food was good

Overall if I gave it a 5, I would be stretching it.

Probably will never go back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave,

    Thanks for coming in to see us and we are very sorry that you had to come in when we were struggling with staff and new cooks. Couple things we would love you to know about us. Our owner is 23 year old Tim Whitehouse a local Sumner High grad. He also owns Lumberjacks in Buckley. Most nights you can find him in the back working in the kitchen.

    I started bar tending for him this last week and have decided it is my goal in life to help him get this bar and restaurant where he dreams it would be. Not because I need job security or even the job but because I am thoroughly impressed by him and his drive. You rarely find that in today's young people.

    Unfortunately when he did the soft opening he never in a million years expected that many guests to come in. The one thing it did teach this young entrepreneur is where the chink in his armor is. He is working out the kinks, getting better staffed and is devoted to good service and excellent food.

    When I came to him with what I found when I Googled The White House he stood quietly reading every critique. He wanted to see every single one (my 32 year old pride couldn't have taken it) He took that information to heart and is working to remedy every concern and complaint.

    Tim is also very passionate about supporting local businesses. So we haven't even had a chance to make a wine list or drink menu because we are in the processes of picking only from the best local vineyards, testing out local breweries for our wine and beer. We will have them soon. Our goal is to keep everything as close to the PNW as possible.

    I ask that you give this guy a second chance.. give us a few weeks. Then come back by. You can find me in the bar Friday and Saturday nights. I would love to show you what The White House can do.

    What do ya say?

    ReplyDelete