Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Friday April 5, 2012 - Puerto Vallarta - Puyallup, Wa

We haven't been to the Puerto Vallarta between Pioneer and Main St. in Puyallup for quite a while. As we pulled into the parking lot, I thought, Oh Great!. This place is too busy. We went inside and gave our name to the hostess and were called for a table within 5 minutes. I had to laugh as we walked into the main dining room. You could tell the floor was settling, as we were walking sideways down the aisle. We came to our table and it also was tilting to the east. Luckily our water glasses, chips and salsa stayed place and did not fall to the floor.

I decided to order the Puerto Vallarta Special which included a sirloin steak, a deep fried chicken burrito and a chili rellano, rice and beans and the wife ordered the combo chicken and beef fajitas. Service was fairly quick and they did a good job keeping our water glasses full and even offered a second basket of chips and salsa.

The food arrived piping hot. I was surprised that they asked me how I wanted my steak cooked because it was only about a 1/4" thick. It was well done, but good. The deep fried chicken burrito was good and so was the chili rellano. The wife said her beef and chicken fajitas were just OK, nothing exciting.

We gave them the following ratings

Service - 8, water glasses were kept full, a little chaotic in the restaurant lobby
Cleanliness - 8
Atmosphere - 8
Food - 7
Price - 6, Los Pinos in Orting is less expensive and has better food.

Overall - 7


No comments:

Post a Comment