Welcome to Cranky Dave's,

I hope you find my posts entertaining and sometimes helpful.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 15, 2013 Pho you, South Hill Puyallup

We tried Pho soup a few months ago for the first time and found that we really liked it. It was a nice change from the usual restaurant offerings. Last night we decided to try It's Pho You which is located by Office Depot across from the South Hill Mall.

We walked in and they were fairly busy. We took this as a good sign that the food was good. Things went down hill after that. The service was very slow. They were operating with a husband wife team and what looked like a son helping out in the kitchen. We got our menu's right away, but then it took quite a while before they came to take our order and about 10 minutes before they even brought us water and our drinks.

I ordered the Beef Pho soup, with extra vegetables and a soda.The wife ordered a beef noodle salad and a strawberry bubble juice.

When the food finally arrived I was very disappointed. First of all, I am glad I paid for extra vegetables, because if I hadn't, I don't think the soup would have come with any. Second, the broth had a minty flavor. Not quite what I expected. Third it came with very little noodles. So disappointing.

My wife's noodle salad seemed OK. She did not like the vinegary dressing. She also did not like the bubble juice. She thought it had a funny taste, like the tapioca was not good.

I would rate the food a 5 at best, the service a 2, cleanliness a 5. Overall experience a 4. Probably will not go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment